It’s that time again, time to mow the grass, wash the car and leave dad alone as he watches sports on tv. Its Father’s Day this Sunday and the staff at Chula Vista Living have compiled the five top places to take pops for dinner.
We all know that Chula Vista has some of the best restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but we wanted to shine the spot light on our top five picks. Dad might love you even more if you take him out for a nice juicy steak rather than try and cook it yourself on his prized barbecue and you don’t want dad cooking his own steak on his special day. This Sunday treat him to a nice dinner and show dad how much you love him.
- Black Angus 707 E Street Chula Vista, Ca. 91910 (619)426-9200: Now what father doesn’t like a well cooked steak or prime rib for his special day? Black Angus on E Street is the spot for big steaks and even bigger portions. They have a menu full of man food that will leave him full. You can even order him one of their delicious deserts afterwards, that is if he has any room left. Remember to search through the mailers you get over the week for a coupon. Black Angus will usually run a dinner for two combos for $40, this way you can show dad that you learned his thrifty ways of savings.
- Nico’s Steak & Chop House 2015 Birch Road Ste. 720 Chula Vista Ca. 91915 (619)421-9500: If you’re looking to treat dad to one of Chula Vista’s best steak houses then this is it. Wives just might want to take their husbands here alone to thank him for being the awesome father he is. Don’t go looking for any coupons here, and be prepared when the bill comes because these steaks don’t come cheap, but they’re the best you’ll find in the south bay. The Smokehouse Prime Rib or the New York Strip is the stuff dreams are made of, plus they have an exquisite wine list to go with whatever you order.
- South Bay Fish & Grill 570 Marina Parkway Chula Vista Ca. 91910 (619)420-7234: Maybe dad wants the fresh catch of the day; well the South Bay Fish & Grill is the perfect spot for seafood. They also have a terrific Sunday Brunch, so maybe you want to take dad out early and enjoy the rest of the day at home. This is also another great spot for the wives to take their husbands for a romantic Father’s Day. Either way you go dad will love the fresh seafood on the menu and the killer views of the Marina. Lobster is always a good choice here, plus they have a killer Stuffed Salmon that is to die for. Call and make a reservation today to avoid the long wait.
- Eastlake Tavern & Bowl 881 Showroom Place Chula Vista Ca. 91914 (619)565-2695: Beer, bowling and great food, how can you go wrong with a combo like that on Father’s Day? The Eastlake Tavern and Bowl will treat dad not only to some great food, but some great fun as well. Rent one of the 12 lanes they have and make a night out of it. Dad will love watching the kids have fun bowling and he gets to see the game on any one of the many televisions they have. The menu is great if you want to order a full meal or you just want to order some appetizers and make a meal out of them. Dad is also going to love the full bar with so many beers on tap.
- Miguel’s Cocina Mexican Restaurant 970 Eastlake Pkwy Chula Vista Ca. 91915 (619)656-2822: Whether your just bringing dad or bringing dad, grandpa and the whole family Miguel’s in Eastlake always has room for larger parties. The food is always good and the price is not going to leave you looking for a loan from dear ole dad. We always love the combo’s they have, plus the “especiales de la casa” are some of the best plates they have. You will also find drink specials and who can resist the white cheese sauce with warm chips, it’s always a table favorite.
There you have it folks, our choices for the top five places to take your dad for Father’s Day in Chula Vista. If your favorite place didn’t make the list, then we apologize; leave a comment below of your favorite place, or message us on Facebook. Remember most restaurants are going to have a long wait so make a reservation today or call ahead on Sunday before you leave the house to get on the waiting list.
The staff wishes you and your Father a very Happy Father’s Day. Spend a couple bucks, take your Old Man out, let him know you appreciate everything he has helped you with and all the life lessons you learned from him along the way. Life is short, so enjoy every last bite.